Welcome Guest!
 SafeCom News
Cry Freedom  Project SafeCom
 Mar 06, 2002 14:05 PST
Hello all,

Our new page, Cry Freedom, has the word "Freedom" imprinted on it in
four languages, thanks to Steve Georgopoulos who makes the images
available on his website
[http://www.geocities.com/stevegeo2002/freedomlangs.htm]

The page features the story of Lanya Sivalingham (name altered) - who
was criminally ripped away from the company of her husband and deported
in a hideous and criminal way, and at a hideous and criminal time by the
Minister for Immigration a few weeks before her baby was due to be born
in Villawood - on the day before Christmas AND the day before she was
scheduled for a hearing at the Migration Review Tribunal.

We can also offer some photographs of the Freedom Bus crew at the
Brisbane Rally on the page, and the text of the Canberra Rally speech by
Bob Brown:

"There is this message which is very sobering: If international law were
to have penalties and if the Woomera Centre were to be a receptacle for
those that breach international humanitarian law, our Prime Minister and
Immigration Minister would be behind the razor wire in Woomera - not the
refugees.

Finally this, ladies and gentlemen. This morning at St Paulís Anglican
Church in Manuka our national leaders prayed to God. Amongst them the
Prime Minister and Leader of the Opposition with the congregation
prayed, and let me use their words, I quote: "Let us pray for those for
whom each day is threatening, the persecuted and rejected refugees and
all displaced persons..." Now I say to the Prime Minister, do not ask
God to do what you are empowered to do yourself. There can be no greater
hypocrisy than that."

And we still wonder when justice will be done in this country.

The page is here:

http://www.safecom.org/cry-freedom.htm

Regards

Jack H. Smit
Project Coordinator
Project SafeCom Inc.
http://www.safecom.org/refugees.htm

. . . . . . . . . HAVE YOU SIGNED OUR FREEDOM VISA YET???
. . . . . . . . . http://www.safecom.org/people-visa.htm