Welcome Guest!
 SermonLink
Re:  Manly Luscombe
 Oct 20, 2008 11:03 PDT
I do not know of any place to go for comfort - except - in most
congregations there are elders and preachers that care and want to help.
There are also, in most congregations, other widows who have gone
through what you are dealing with and can be a great help. For deeper
issues, there are some preachers and other counselors that are trained
to deal with grief, loss, depression and loneliness.
I know that the Bible and God is the source of all comfort.
One other source is a retirement home for Christians. These places are a
great source of help and information on how to cope with such a tragic loss.
I hope this has been of help to you.
I recently preached a sermon on this topic. You can go to my website and
see the outline of the sermon I preached. Here is the link -
http://www.searchersclass.net/Sermons/Year/2008/Loneliness.htm
Just click on this link and you will see the sermon outline.
Manly Luscombe

rlnp-@wmconnect.com wrote:

Can you please tell me if there are any places in the Lord's Church
were widows can find comfort. Does the Church of Christ have any
grieving sights for people to help one another when they are living
alone?

May the power of our Lord move always in HIS CHURCH?

Thank you,

A widow in her seventies.

--
Manly Luscombe