Welcome Guest!
 SermonLink
RE:  Larry Throneberry
 Oct 20, 2008 12:12 PDT

Dear Christian Lady,

Lakeview Christian is a church of Christ operated retirement home in Carlsbad, New Mexico and is a wonderful place for retired people to have friends with other Christians. There are many housing options including buying a home in Lakeview Village or at River Bend. Many residents are members of the Fox and Lake church of Christ and the Sunset church of Christ here in town. Services are also conducted at the retirement home. For more information you can call: 575-887-3947.Larry Throneberry thronebe-@hotmail.com

To: sermo-@topica.comFrom: pricevil-@bellsouth.netSubject: Re:Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 13:03:03 -0500I do not know of any place to go for comfort - except - in most congregations there are elders and preachers that care and want to help. There are also, in most congregations, other widows who have gone through what you are dealing with and can be a great help. For deeper issues, there are some preachers and other counselors that are trained to deal with grief, loss, depression and loneliness.I know that the Bible and God is the source of all comfort.One other source is a retirement home for Christians. These places are a great source of help and information on how to cope with such a tragic loss.I hope this has been of help to you.I recently preached a sermon on this topic. You can go to my website and see the outline of the sermon I preached. Here is the link - http://www.searchersclass.net/Sermons/Year/2008/Loneliness.htm Just click on this link and you will see the sermon outline.Manly Luscombe-@wmconnect.com wrote:
Can you please tell me if there are any places in the Lord's Church were widows can find comfort. Does the Church of Christ have any grieving sights for people to help one another when they are living alone? May the power of our Lord move always in HIS CHURCH? Thank you, A widow in her seventies.

--
Manly Luscombe