Welcome Guest!
 sfbike
Little Riders on the Big Screen  Ethan Derner
 Sep 09, 2005 15:05 PDT

Moms and Dads, Aunts & Uncles, grandparents, nannies and daycare
providers: do you have video footage of your children learning how to
ride a bicycle? If you do it could become part of the biggest bicycle
film ever.

I am a long-time volunteer with the SFBC and an indie filmmaker. (You
can see two safety videos I've put together on their website in the
Biking Resources section.) After 10 years of dreaming, planning and
networking I am about to embark on my biggest endeavor yet: a feature
length documentary that celebrates the bicycle. More than just a ride
around the block, "Back in the Saddle Again" will take you, the
audience, on a bicycle ride around the world.

With that in mind I am in search of clips with children learning to
ride. The cries, the smiles and the wails of joy. If you'd like to share
these life-affirming moments then let's get this ride started.

Please contact me via email: eard-@earthlink.net. I look forward to
seeing all of our wonderful tykes learning to ride bikes!

Ethan Derner
Striped Shirt Cinema
San Francisco