Welcome Guest!
 Break the Cycle!
Stepfamily inFormation article for August - increase your communication
effecti
 pilgr-@aol.com
 Aug 25, 2007 10:50 PDT
Belated summer greetings.?Would you agree that all adults, kids, and infants communicate in order to fill current needs - i.e. to reduce or prevent current emotional and physical discomforts? ?Can you name a learned skill more important than effective thinking and communicating?

The featured (new) article this month offers?pactical ways to improve the outcomes of your thinking and communicating in all situations.?It includes a Web-based self-study course. This two-page article is based on my 45 years' experience researching, teaching, and practicing effective communication.

Before reading the article, rate yourself from one (very ineffective) to ten (always very effective) as (a) a thinker and (b) a communicator. ?Then see what you learn:

http://sfhelp.org/02/improve.htm??

Your feedback on the article and the Web site is welcome!

I hope your summer has been all that you desire - including stable local weather! More next month -

Namaste, fellow pilgrim - Pete?

Peter K. Gerlach, MSW; author and founder
nonprofit Stepfamily inFormation program (sfhelp.org)
Retired Board member, Stepfamily Association of America