Welcome Guest!
 streetphoto
Re: Admin  Alan P. Hayes
 Oct 21, 2005 21:10 PDT

You can set it so it doesn't double, but it's not=20
intuitive. When I first set up the gmail thing=20
it doubled and I fixed it, don't know why it=20
started doing it again, but I expect I can jigger=20
it back into behaving.

At 10:59 AM -0500 10/21/05, Chuck Patch wrote:
 Rad,
the doubling you see in Gmail is a gmail artifact that only you see.
It drove me crazy at first, too, but I think it's a logical flaw in
the automatic threading ("conversations) that gmail sets up, wherein
what you send is included in the inbox display of conversations. Since
a list server witll redistribute your sent message, it shows up twice
on the gmail display.

Chuck

On 10/21/05, Alan Hayes <alanp.-@gmail.com> wrote:
Did president Bush react quickly enough to hurricane Katrina?
http://click.topica.com/caad3P2bz8Rruci5bqva/Nationwide Survey

This seems to be at least in part a problem of spam protection run
amok, though there are other more mysterious aspects to it as well. I
had the same sort of problems; no mail, being ignored by topica, and
tried multiple email addys with consistently negative results. Going
through gmail made things work again.
Until today and everything getting doubled. Anybody know if there's a
utility that would take my posts, split them into identical halves,
so that I could just send one half and when I find the two pieces in
my box, it would put it together again?

At 10:30 AM -0400 10/21/05, Conrad Weiser wrote:
 Is Topica accepting new sign-ups without a problem? Also, you don't
need to actually create an account on the Topica website to subscribe
to the list. You can use any email account and send an email to
streetphoto-@topica.com. That should subscribe the account
to the list without registering on Topica's website.

Just trying to help.

Rad

On 10/21/05, michal-@cs.com <michal-@cs.com> wrote:

John suggested the same, off list. To which I replied:

What's the difference between signing on with a Gmail account vs any
other? I've tried it with 5 different ones, no go. The problem is:
Topica is not getting back to me -- any which way -- not new passwor=
d,

 not verification. Five accounts from five domains. How is Gmail go=
ing

 to fix that?

--
Alan P. Hayes
Meaning and Form: Writing, Editing and Document Design

Photographs at
http://www.ahayesphoto.com/americandead/index.htm

http://del.icio.us/ahayes

Take our Nationwide Ice Cream Survey today! Receive a FREE* $100
Restaurant Gift Card of your choice or $100 worth of Ben &
Jerry's(r) or H=E4agen-Dazs(r) ice cream for participating!
http://click.topica.com/caad3P6bz8Rruci5bqvf/Ice Cream Research Survey

Salon rules: http://genec.com/federico/salon/rules.html