Welcome Guest!
 streetphoto
*** ADMIN MSG: TOPICA MELTDOWN - PLEASE READ ***  John Brownlow
 Oct 22, 2005 06:46 PDT

Hi everyone,

As of this morning (Saturday 22 October) Streetphoto is no longer
showing up on the list of groups that I administrate in Topica. I
assume this is related to Topica's recent buggy behavior. This means
that I no longer have access to the list of subscribers or any
ability to administrate the group. It is entirely possible that the
meltdown will continue and the list will implode.

This is obviously not acceptable. It seems to me that we have no
choice but to migrate the list urgently.

I have set up a new forum which is up and running here:

     http://johnbrownlow.com/phpBB2/index.php

Apologies for the ugly address... I had to do this quickly.

The software running on the new forum will allow you to contribute
either via email or by posting on a nice web interface. You will need
to register then click on 'Forum Subscriptions' if you want to
participate by email.

If you know of people who are unable to read Streetphoto, please
forward this message to them.

I recommend you do NOT unsubscribe from the Topica list until it is
clear that the new forums are going to be a success.

As soon as I have access to the full list of Streetphoto subscribers,
I will send out an email independent of the Topica system.

In the meantime I could really use a couple of tech literate co-
Admins, especially if you know php or have experience with phpBB.

--
John Brownlow
Deep Fried Films, Inc

http://flickr.com/photos/pinkheadedbug/