Welcome Guest!
 streetphoto
ADMIN: THE STREETPHOTO LIST IS MOVING. YOU *MUST* READ THIS.  John Brownlow
 Oct 22, 2005 15:06 PDT

Okay, after the horrendous problems of the last few days, it's
finally time to ditch Topica.

As of now, the Streetphoto (and SPForum) list is moving. Its new home
is:

     http://www.johnbrownlow.com/streetphoto

The lights are on, a fire is burning in the grate, and many of our
regulars are already there with a drink in their hands. The new home
offers both web and email access, just like Topica, but the web
interface in particular is drastically improved. Email access remains
much the same.

This week's much-anticipated Salon will be taking place on the new
forums *only*, with Michal adjudicating. I will be posting a link to
the thread shortly.

Here's the important part:

IN ORDER TO CONTINUE TO BE PART OF THE STREETPHOTO COMMUNITY
      YOU MUST REGISTER WITH THE NEW FORUMS.

It takes two seconds and I guarantee your email address will not be
shared with any third parties.

I will also be closing the ability to post to the Topica-hosted list
very shortly.

Here's what to do:

IF YOU CURRENTLY READ STREETPHOTO ON THE WEB

All you need to do is register with the new forums and you will be
able to post immediately. That's it.

3.     Check off which lists you want to receive (eg streetphoto,
spforum)

IF YOU CURRENTLY READ STREETPHOTO VIA EMAIL DIGEST

We do not currently have an email digest version up and running
although I think it will be possible. In the meantime I suggest you
try reading the list on the web, as the interface is massively improved.

That's all there is to it.

I understand you may have questions. If so, I would much prefer you
ask them on the new forums although I will do my best to answer them
here too for the next few days.

At some point the Topica list will probably be deleted, although I
will not do this until the six-year archive of posts has been safely
transferred somewhere else and is available online.

Don't delay, click today! One link for all your needs!

         http://www.johnbrownlow.com/streetphoto

(I'll be replacing this with something even easier to remember as
soon as I can register a domain).

I will soon be sending everyone who is listed as subscribed to
Streetphoto an email offline, to make sure everyone knows about the
move even if they only tune into the web version once in a while.

--
John Brownlow
Deep Fried Films, Inc

http://flickr.com/photos/pinkheadedbug/