Welcome Guest!
 streetphoto
Re: Good-bye, Steve LeHuray  J. Gilbert Plantinga
 Sep 23, 2003 13:27 PDT

Steve, who contributed to the LUG for so many years, and to the
Streetphoto list from its very inception, often confided to me that he
felt that he was insecure and consequently distant, that he felt he had
few friendships, and that this was a part of his being as an artist. As
one of the handful of list people I've met face to face, it is ironic
that we became friends when I was in one of the more difficult and
lonely times of my life. We would meet for coffee in the New Yorker
Hotel where he stayed when he was in town, and we got together when he
came to visit his parents who live near my home upstate. His warmth and
generosity belied his claimed distance and isolation, a friend I will
dearly miss.

Gilbert