Welcome Guest!
 SW Programs
RE: Eurovision Song Contest Online!  Andy Sennitt
 May 04, 2001 12:41 PDT
Maryanne Kehoe wrote:

 Thank you Andy!! Did they move the date of the Contest up? I thought the
original date was supposed to be May 25th (?).

I don't think so. The contest has always been in early May, in fact this one
is a still a week later than normal. I know that because when it falls on 4
May, the Dutch do not take part as it's our Remembrance Day and all domestic
radio and TV programming - at least on the public channels - has to be
appropriately sombre. This has happened twice since I've been in this
country.

Andy