Welcome Guest!
 TAGAD-L
Re: New member  ILefk-@aol.com
 Jun 28, 2000 09:10 PDT
Hey Jason,

The way we got teens interested here was a offshoot of another program we did. At the year end party for Book Buddies (where teens read to preschoolers) we mentioned that we were thinking of starting a TAG. Then we sent postcards to those teens and a few others that we thought would be interested. Lo and behold they actually came to the first meeting. So far we've had four meetings and each one gets a little better. The group is small only about 5 or 6 kids. But, they are really excited. Hopefully we are going to be building a new library next year and their input will help shape the Teen section.

Some of the things they want to do now are Craft workshops, teen movie nights, and a literary magazine.

I'll keep ya posted! Are you near Miami Univ of Ohio?

Ilene Lefkowitz
Youth Services Librarian
Mount Olive Public Library (NJ)
ILefk-@aol.com