Welcome Guest!
 TAGAD-L
introduction  Rachel Jones
 Jun 28, 2000 12:51 PDT
Hi,

My name is Rachel Jones and I am the YA librarian at the Springfield Mass.
Library. I've been here about a year.

I do have a teen advisory board called REACH. This group was started by the
previous YA librarian. The group was all girls, and meetings ranged from 2
to 15 people.

One mistake I made was meeting too often (every other Saturday). This year
I will meet just once a month. Our activities have included producing a
teen newsletter and brainstorming program ideas.

I need some help with coming up with meaningful activities for the group.
Also, keeping them motivated...This summer I am having them surf for
websites to add to our teen links.

I look forward to hearing from other on this list!

Rachel

Rachel Jones
Young Adult Librarian
Springfield Library