Welcome Guest!
 TAGAD-L
new member  Ellen Snoeyenbos
 Jun 29, 2000 05:33 PDT
Here in Duxbury we have a number of youth activities. Kids who
participate in one frequently overlap into others. We are doing a video
contest, incentive reading program, coffee house and, on July 7th, we
will be starting our first youth book review group. I've got people who
are REALLY into Japanimation and comic format and I am keeping them in
with my more traditional readers. My hope is that folks who only read
fantasy or comic format will hear about other stuff from other kids. I
correspond with my groups via e-mail although I find many do not check
their email frequently enough. I have sent out reminder postcards at the
beginning of the season to jog people's memory (and to alert their
parents as to the dates). This seems to work well. I am hoping to get
some gold foil stickers that I can place on well-reviewed books to help
them stand out in the collection. I'm looking forward to this Listserv
as a way to maintain enthusiasm and interest. Thanks for starting this!
Ellen

duxbury_yas