Welcome Guest!
 TAGAD-L
Re: Teen Discussion Group  Mari Hardacre
 Jun 29, 2000 15:15 PDT
re: listserv for the teens themselves

what does being a moderator involve? it is an interesting idea. actually,
i've already talked to our computer tech guy about getting a listserv set
up next fall just for our TLC members to write each other and me. since
that list will be open to only our TLC of 25 teens, moderation will be
pretty easy for me.
--mari

At 02:03 PM 6/29/00 -0700, you wrote:
 Now that the advisor's discussion is kicking off, what do you think
about having another listserv for all of our teens to talk with each
other?

At my library, most likely yours as well, teens know how to email. With
the teen listserv, they can talk to others involved in library groups to
share ideas, thoughts, and feelings about books, libraries, and being
teens.

My only concern is that it might get a bit crazed. If we do this, would
anyone volunteer to help moderate it?

I'm excited about the thought of dozens of library teens across the
country sharing ideas! Who *knows* what they'd come up with!!

S:)
Just call me Steve, the Creative Glutton for Punishment...
T O P I C A The Email You Want. http://www.topica.com/t/16
Mari Hardacre
Young Adult Services Coordinator
Carmel Clay Public Library