Welcome Guest!
 TAGAD-L
Re: Introductions III  Sara Jane Boyers
 Jun 29, 2000 21:17 PDT
 If you haven't had a chance, please post a quick missive letting us
know you, your library, your group size, teens ages, how long you've
been advising, etc.

Hi, I'm complying with your request Steve although I'm an "other": an
author with a new issue-oriented book coming out in September for teens on
political and civic activism and... I'm speaking at ALA on July 10th (!) at
the Joint (AASL, YALSA, ALSC) legislative meeting about teen adovcacy and
how libraries can make themselves invaluable to their youth clients and in
turn, can turn those teens into advocates for the very serious issues -from
funding, bonds, staffing, space, censorship - facing libraries today

In the short time of this list, many of you have already given very good
examples of why you are valued by your teens and I hope you'll let me
"lurk" a little as I prepare this presentation.

Thanks!

Sara Jane Boyers
sj-@earthlink.net
www.teenpowerpoliitcs.com (launching July 2000)
"Teen Power Politics: Make Yourself Heard"
         A Millbrook Press/Twenty-First Century Book, Summer 2000
"Life Doesn't Frighten Me"   Stewart, Tabori & Chang
         A Publisher's Weekly "Best Book" of the Year, NYPL "Best Books for
         Teens", ALA "Book for Reluctant Readers", AIGA "50 Best Designed
Books"
"O Beautiful For Spacious Skies"   Chronicle Books