Welcome Guest!
 TAGAD-L
Re: Introductions III  MC
 Jun 30, 2000 06:45 PDT
Hi all!

My name is Mary Christian and our teen program is 3
weeks old! After a very wise person told me that her
teen program kicked off nicely following a Volunteen
summer group, that's how I started ours. We've had a
grand total of five kids involved thus far, but
considering the way teens have been treated in our
library, I consider that a HUGE success! I started
here in November and one of the first things I noticed
in the YA area was a sign for everyone to read staying
"If your behave disturbs others, you will be asked to
leave." The sign is still there, but there are "read"
posters framing it now!

Can't wait to hear the great ideas out there. Circ is
up by 20% already here since I started ordering
something other than sci fi (?!), so hopefully
everyone can give me inspiring ideas!

Mary Christian
Children's/YA Librarian
Delaware County District Library