Welcome Guest!
 TAGAD-L
Puppet Troupes  Steve Miller
 Jun 30, 2000 10:16 PDT
Cara -
My advice is practice, practice, practice!

We had a PVC frame constructed with curtain material in contrasting
colors for drapes. It seemed to work well, until our branch had a
'real' puppet stage built into their meeting room when they constructed
a new building...

You can run puppet shows live, where the kids read and manipulate the
puppets, but that must, IMHO, be practiced. It can get hairy if someone
drops a script in the middle of a show.

Another method is to record the teens reading the script - that way they
can really throw themselves into the voices. Rehearse with the tape a
few times so you get the flow, then run it with the audience. This
allows the kids more time to focus on manipulation rather than
characterization.

Good puppeteering does not need a stage or theater. Be enthused, and
practice the manipulations.

Does anyone recall if PUBYAC still has that archive of puppet scripts?

S;)
Steve
(who's spent too much time in theater)