Welcome Guest!
 TAGAD-L
Re: Introduction  Heather Huskins
 Jul 01, 2000 11:59 PDT
Karen,

What are boys interested in?? We are going to have a Sega Dreamcast
Tournament here at my library. I think that the participants will
exclusively be boys (although I might be wrong...) Maybe the first step is
getting them to come to the library and then you can figure out how to make
them stay.

Heather Huskins

PS--If your guys are into wrestling as well, maybe that's another 'hook'...

 From: "Heau, Karen" <khe-@queenslibrary.org>
To: "'taga-@topica.com '" <taga-@topica.com>
Subject: [TAGAD-L] Introduction
Date: Sat, 01 Jul 2000 11:45:17 -0700

Hi! I'm a young adult librarian at a busy urban public library in the NYC
area. We've had a teen advisory board (TAB) going since Teen Read Week last
October. A more or less steady group of about 15 junior high and high
school
students. They have produced the first issue of a quarterly teen newsletter
("Teen Buzz") with reviews, poetry, and short feature articles. They also
have ordered paperback books, decorated rooms for programs and holidays,
assisted a librarian in children and teen programs, and other volunteer
activities. The only shortcoming in the group is that it is made up almost
exclusively of girls. Do any of you out there have any surefire ideas on
how
to get boys interested in joining a teen advisory board?

Karen Heau
Flushing Library
Queens Borough Public Library
khe-@queenslibrary.org