Welcome Guest!
 TAGAD-L
Re: Introductions III  Heather Huskins
 Jul 01, 2000 12:05 PDT
Sushila,

Our popular mags are:

Teen People,
Seventeen,
Rolling Stone,
WWF,
Electronic Gaming Monthly,
Teen
and YM

That's all the budget we have---but if we had more, we'd probably get
another gaming magazine or a wrestling mag since those have been going out
like crazy since we've gotten them.

Heather Huskins

 From: Sushila Mertens <kidlit-@yahoo.com>
To: taga-@topica.com
Subject: Re: [TAGAD-L] Introductions III
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 23:02:58 -0700

Greetings from Grass Valley, Ca. After 20 years as a
k-8 school librarian I have moved to the public
library as the children's and YA librarian. Teens have
been virtually ignored but our new staff is committed
to reaching out. Moving and improving the collection
was step one. Step two is creating a teen council.
Step three is visiting the high school and making some
connections. Step four is opening our doors after
hours on Friday nights with soon to be created
programs just for teens. We are writing grants for
teen programs and the collection. California State
Library and InfoPeople are offering workshops on
working with teens
This is an exciting time!
What are the top 10 teen magazines in your library?

=====
Sushila Mertens kidlit-@yahoo.com

http://invites.yahoo.com/