Welcome Guest!
 TAGAD-L
Re: Teen Space and Gaming Policies  Tamiko Treadwell
 Apr 05, 2011 16:33 PDT
I see your point, but I think it's a good idea to leave it open for
everyone when school is in session, but when it isn't, it should be
reserved for teens. Patrons may not understand why they cannot sit
there when school is in session.

We have a teen section and the library manager wants it open to
everyone.
As for gaming, we have a meeting room that we use for the video game
club.

Tamiko

Tamiko Treadwell
Adult/Teen Services Librarian
La Verne Library
3640 D Street
La Verne, CA 91750
(909) 596 - 1934

 Deborah Riddell <drid-@quincylibrary.org> 4/5/2011 2:51 PM >>>

My library is currently in the process of renovating our library and we
are finally getting a Teen Zone. We are having conflicting viewpoints
on usage in the teen space. I think it should be for teens only. Other
members of our staff think we should allow others in the space when
school is in session. I could use some feedback from other libraries
about their policies. What works and what doesn’t. Also, we are finally
getting gaming going at our library. Could anyone share how they do
gaming, types of programs, policies, what works and what doesn’t? I
would really appreciate some feedback.
Thanks!

Deborah Riddell
Young Adult Librarian
Quincy Public Library
526 Jersey
Quincy, IL   62301
217-223-1309, ext. 223
217-222-5672 (fax)
drid-@quincylibrary.org

** TAGAD-L - TAG Advisor Discussion ** ** Over 400 Librarians Can't Be
Wrong! ** ** Going on Vacation? Please UNSUBSCRIBE!