Welcome Guest!
 TAGAD-L
RE: Library Haunted House  Trypus, Annamae
 Sep 06, 2011 13:25 PDT

Thanks for the tips and for the help, everyone. My supervisor did approve the Haunted House so I can do a write up of what we spent, how we set up and send pictures to all that are interested.

The fog machine seems an obvious choice and they do set the mood but we had a puppet show here that used a fog machine and they set off the smoke alarms. We had to evacuate. So check before you use it to make sure that doesn't happen to you.

Annamae C. Trypus
Youth Services Librarian
Library Services
Hillsborough County BOCC
p: 813.264.8507  |  f: 813.264.3834
e: tryp-@hillsboroughcounty.org
w: http://www.hillsboroughcounty.org

Please note:  all correspondence to or from this office is subject to Florida's Public Records laws.

-----Original Message-----
From: Tamiko Treadwell [mailto:ttrea-@library.lacounty.gov]
Sent: Tuesday, September 06, 2011 4:08 PM
To: taga-@topica.com
Subject: Re: {TAGAD-L} Library Haunted House

Hi there,

The library that I was working at last year has a haunted house each year. This year, I hear the theme is snakes. The Children's librarian starts with a theme, then goes from there. The haunted house has a maze and we hang black tarp from the ceiling to make the Maze walls. A good fog machine, blacklights, and tiny battery operated candle lights are helpful to light up the maze. SOme of the kids from the TAB group volunteer to scare people as they walk though the maze.

Most of the props have been recycled from previous years, but many of the new props are made out of foam board. It's good to get an early start too!

Tamiko

 Carol Hardin <misscaro-@yahoo.com> 9/6/2011 10:33 AM >>>

Greeting!

My TAB group also wants to do a Halloween event and we could sure use some ideas/advice, etc!

Best regards,
Carol@ Hudson PL