Welcome Guest!
 TAGAD-L
RE: Handling Larger Teen Council  Harrigan, Dymphna
 Oct 19, 2011 14:03 PDT
That's a good question. My total number of teen volunteers is 89, but I
rarely get more than 15 to 25 at the monthly meeting. A lot depends on
the dynamics of the group which changes depending who shows up. I
usually stick to the agenda and try to get input. I also keep the
agenda as short as possible. I pass around signup sheets for upcoming
events, since that is usually the main focus anyway.

At my yearly meeting where I get upwards of 50 teens, I try to keep it
to a minimum. I send out the for which I use to make schedules a few
weeks before, and at the meeting, I just feed them, introduce them to
the theme, and collect their schedules.

The larger the group, the more difficult it is. The better you know the
kids, however, the easier it gets. I've even put a few of the high
school boys in time outs.

Don't know that this will help, but at least you know you're not alone.

Dymphna Harrigan, Teen Librarian
Danbury Library
170 Main Street
Danbury, CT 06810