Welcome Guest!
 TAGAD-L
Re: Participation Issues  Rachel Jones
 Jun 29, 2000 14:05 PDT
I have the same problem; REACH has great ideas, but sometimes difficulty
following through. And yes, I have tried to bribe them with food.

Some of our best meetings were the ones where I got them talking about pop
culture, school, etc. Not much to do with libraries, but wonderful to watch
the teens talking and bonding.

--Rachel

At 01:51 PM 6/29/00 -0700, you wrote:
 Okay, I'll admit my group (though enthusastic) tends to display the
teenage attitude of "That's a great idea! ... Why are you looking
at me? Oh, no - I'm too busy to help."

My philosophy is "The teens do the work, the teens get the credit" but
they sometimes don't seem to want to do much work. I've got them going
on passive programs (TAG Picks booklists, a bi-weekly poster drawing,
etc), but can't seem to get the focus for larger projects.

Anyone have any suggestions to improve participation at meetings and
encouraging active help in program production? (I've already tried
food...)

Thanks!
S;)