Welcome Guest!
 TAGAD-L
RE: TAG Meetings - Day & Time  Decker, Jean
 Dec 21, 2010 06:32 PST
HI,
I have just recently started a TAG group at my library. At our first meeting, I gave the teens two choices for meetings, a Saturday afternoon or Thursday evening. They voted on Thursday evening. We now meet the second Thursday of the month from 6-7 p.m. Attendance has been good so far.

Jean Decker
Pittston Memorial Library
47 Broad St
Pittston PA 18640
570-654-9565
jdec-@osterhout.lib.pa.us

________________________________

From: Allison Jenkins [mailto:cherry-@gmail.com]
Sent: Mon 12/20/2010 3:57 PM
To: taga-@topica.com; ya-y-@ala.org
Subject: {TAGAD-L} TAG Meetings - Day & Time

Hey everyone,

Our teen council has been meeting the 1st Wednesdays of the month at 4:30 p.m. for the past two years. I recently surveyed our group since meeting attendance has been low lately...though program attendance is still high!

They're all split on what they want during the school year. Some are asking that we move meetings to Saturdays at 2pm. Others would like to meet more often--maybe twice a month. And some want to keep it the same...

If you have a teen advisory group/council, when do you meet (day & time)? And how often? I'm interested in what has worked for others in meeting the demands of these teens' crazy busy schedules. I would like to boost meeting attendance without running off my steady regulars.

Help, please! What's a librarian to do?

Thanks,
Allison

--