Welcome Guest!
 TAGAD-L
Re: TAG Meetings - Day & Time  Carol Hardin
 Dec 21, 2010 08:47 PST
Hi,

My Teen Advisory Board meets once a month on Tuesdays, 4-5. So far, so good,
except for whenever there's a school or local community theater play. (It's a
dramatic bunch!) My advice is to keep it at the same time for consistency and
because attendance does ebb & flow and there is no time that everyone can
attend. For us, Wed. nights are bad because of church activities.

Good Luck!

BTW, hHow many are on the council?

Carol

________________________________
From: Allison Jenkins <cherry-@gmail.com>
To: taga-@topica.com; ya-y-@ala.org
Sent: Mon, December 20, 2010 2:57:10 PM
Subject: {TAGAD-L} TAG Meetings - Day & Time

Hey everyone,

Our teen council has been meeting the 1st Wednesdays of the month at 4:30 p.m.
for the past two years. I recently surveyed our group since meeting attendance
has been low lately...though program attendance is still high!

They're all split on what they want during the school year. Some are asking
that we move meetings to Saturdays at 2pm. Others would like to meet more
often--maybe twice a month. And some want to keep it the same...

If you have a teen advisory group/council, when do you meet (day & time)? And
how often? I'm interested in what has worked for others in meeting the demands
of these teens' crazy busy schedules. I would like to boost meeting attendance
without running off my steady regulars.

Help, please! What's a librarian to do?

Thanks,
Allison