Welcome Guest!
 TAGAD-L
RE: teen advisory group goals  Rachel Rundle
 Feb 15, 2011 16:21 PST
Thank you Meredith, this is such a great idea!

I have found that my group has been floundering a bit as well.

Do you have a reward system tied in with the goals? For instance, do you
throw a pizza party at the end of the year or something similar?

The reason I ask is because I have been working on setting goals for my
group as well and was playing with the idea of setting up a tier system
as incentive. Say for instance, the first goal may be to post book
reviews each month. Each member who posts a short review of a book on
our YA bulletin board or on our Facebook page for discussion would then
get a King Size candybar(or something of similar value, I haven't
decided). We would then develop say 3 more goals, each more intense or
time consuming than the last. The more complicated the task, the larger
the reward.

Rachel Rundle
Library Associate
Brunswick Library