Welcome Guest!
 TAGAD-L
Re: Library Haunted House  Carol Hardin
 Sep 06, 2011 12:18 PDT
Greeting!

My TAB group also wants to do a Halloween event and we could sure use some ideas/advice, etc!

Best regards,
Carol@ Hudson PL

________________________________
From: "Trypus, Annamae" <tryp-@HillsboroughCounty.ORG>
To: "taga-@topica.com" <taga-@topica.com>
Sent: Thursday, September 1, 2011 1:22 PM
Subject: {TAGAD-L} Library Haunted House

RE: {TAGAD-L} Teen Space and Gaming Policies
Hello everybody,

My TAB would like to hold a Haunted House this year in our library branch after hours.  I told them the whole event had to be based on literary characters both contemporary and classic.  They want it to be an after hours event for teens only.  And spooky.

My supervisor has some concerns however because this hasn't been done in our system before. She is worried about what type of costumes might be worn, if the haunted house would be too gory or objectionable and if tastes might be offended.

Has anyone done a YA Haunted House at their library?  If so, what time of day was it (during or after hours)?  Put on by just staff or teens as well?  Was it spooky?  Costumes?  Decorations?  How did you advertise it?  What was your attendance?  What were your costs?

I found a few blog entries from different libraries that had done Halloween things but those were on their public blogs so it was mostly pictures and how much fun everyone had.  Proof that people have done successful Halloween things in the library but I'm looking for the behind the scenes.

Any help would be appreciated.

Annamae C. Trypus
Youth Services Librarian
Library Services
Hillsborough County BOCC
p: 813.264.8507  |  f: 813.264.3834
e: tryp-@hillsboroughcounty.org
w:http://www.hillsboroughcounty.org

Please note:  all correspondence to or from this office is subject to Florida's Public Records laws.

**   TAGAD-L - TAG Advisor Discussion      **
** Over 400 Librarians Can't Be Wrong!    **
** Going on Vacation? Please UNSUBSCRIBE! **