Welcome Guest!
 TPB news
Ten Penny Bit June News  Robin Loeffler
 May 31, 2001 19:12 PDT

AH, summer!

It's finally here! I hope all of you are planning on enjoying these
Bar-b-que days ahead. Here is Ten Penny Bit's news for June:

First off, we had an absolutely unbelievable tour in North Carolina and
Atlanta last month. Crowds were enormous, the energy was incredible, and
we can't wait to do it again. Thanks to everyone that made us so welcome
to their states! We also had a wonderful experience in at our Civil War
event in Sacramento KY...it almost didn't happen because of rain, but
when it did, WOW! Darlene informs me that for the Virginia Reel, there
were 164 people on the dance floor at the same time. That is a lot of
hoop skirts, let me tell you!

1. June's performing schedule open to the public:

June 2nd:
The Jefferson Davis Birthday Celebration: Hopkinsville, KY. Held at the
site of his birthplace, I understand it is sporting a newly renovated
museum, with additional improvements coming throughout the year. Frank
Jenkins is calling the dances. Please call Linda Fritz at
1-270-886-1731, or email her at fritz-@msn.com for more information
about this event.

June 16 and 17th:
Georgetown Morgan's Raid: Georgetown, KY This is our third year, and it
is a wonderful place for a reenactment. Ladie's Tea starts at 1:30, and
the ball is at eight. Darlene Underwood is calling the dances.

June 20th:
The Metcalf County Library, two children's shows "Oldtime music in KY",
10 am cental and 1 pm central

June 21st:
Madison County Libraries, two children's shows "Oldtime music in KY",
Berea Library at 2 pm and Richmond Library at 6 pm

2. Bits of news

TUNE OF THE MONTH PAGE
I have ben able to start my tune of the month page for all of you on our
list that play instruments. You can download gifs of sheet music, or
abc's, if you use the abc program. This month's tune is "The Banshee", a
fast reel that's great fun!Find it at:
http://www.redrival.com/tenpennybit/tunes.html

ANNE MACFIE at The Thomas Family Winery: JUNE 16th

Our good friend Anne Macfie will be performing at The Thomas Family
Winery on Saturday June 16th. If you haven't had a chance to hear her
sing and perform some of her hilarious original songs, you are in for a
treat. (Her ability as a song writer makes her one of Mark's idols).
Go,you will have a great time.

3. web page update

I'm still waiting for my webpage server to change to a paid host, and
right now my page is frozen, so I can't change anything. When I can, I
have some great pictures of our trips, and other items, that I will be
putting up as a scrapebook. Check into the main page at
www.tenpennybit.com, and when you can click on the band picture for more
pics, you'll know I've finally succeeded!

4. Band of the Month: Heidi, Stef & Bow Triplets
A great group, please check out their music! Celtic music played by a
dedicated Switzerland based Band. Traditional songs and tunes plus some
original compositions combining their own multinational backgrounds with
the Celtic style. Their version of Ashoken Farewell, played at dance
tempo, is even more haunting than Jay Unger's in my opinion (trust me,
that's saying a lot from me!)You can hear their mp3's at:
http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/168/heidi_stef__bow_triplets.html

That's all for June! Thanks for being with us!

Robin and the gang from Ten Penny Bit
www.tenpennybit.com
free music downloads at:
http://www.mp3.com/tenpennybit