Welcome Guest!
 TPB news
Ten Penny Bit November News  Robin Loeffler
 Nov 04, 2001 19:37 PST

Hello to everyone from Ten Penny Bit! Well, fall is finally here, with
yard cleanup, leaf raking, and getting everything ready for winter. We
are enjoying an very long and beautiful Indian summer here in Kentucky.
By the way, does anyone know what “Indian summer” means? If you do, drop
me an email at tenpen-@cs.com and let me know, and I’ll pass that on
to everyone next month.

Now on with our news....

1. The biggest news this month is that Ten Penny Bit is looking to
change the band's name. Yep, that’s right, we are going to change the
band’s name, and we would like our friends to have a say in it! You can
find out more, and enter the Name the Band Contest at;
http://rivalpro.com/~tenpennybit/nametheband.html
Please go to the web page and find out why we are changing our name, and
how you can help!

2. Tune of the month:
This month’s tune is “The Horse and Buggy-0”, an oldtime tune in A. An
added feature this month is that when you click on the GIF page, you can
also download a sound sample to listen to (requires Real Player) Find it
at:
http://rivalpro.com/~tenpennybit/tunes.html

3. Our schedule is light this month. You can find us at Louisville
Homefront on the 10th. Lots of great performers that night, including
J.D. Crowe.
more info at http://www.kytheater.org/events.html
We are returning to The Thomas Family Winery in Madison IN on the 24th
at 8 pm. Hope to see you at one of these events!

4 Band of the Month: The High Road
http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/124/the_high_road.html
These guys are AWESOME! They combine pipes, fiddle, hammered dulcimer,
and some unbelievable vocals. Check out their song “The Coal Town Road”.
Really, really worth a listen , everyone!

Enjoy the fall, and We hope to see all of you soon!

www.tenpennybit.com
free music at:
http://www.mp3.com/tenpennybit