Welcome Guest!
 TPB news
Ten Penny Bit December News  Robin Loeffler
 Dec 01, 2001 17:00 PST
Happy Holidays from Ten Penny Bit

Two tidbits left over from last month:

1. What is an Indian Summer? The answer was provided by John French
(thanks John)
It seems that at the end of the year settlers knew that when all of the
harvest was done, the Indians looked upon those last warm days as a
chance to send out a few more foraging parties against the settlers to
increase their provisions. So "Indian summer", or the days of warmth
after all of the harvests and first frost, were a time to be watchful
for attack.

2. The band name; well, it's overwhelming, and we are going to listen.
Ten Penny Bit will remain Ten Penny Bit. Thanks to everyone for their
imput. As we expand into other areas of music, you may see us forming
another band to explore these areas, but Ten Penny Bit will not change!

3.A site you MUST check out:
The Kennedy Center Millennium Concerts Online: HUNDREDS of free concerts
to watch and listen to, with programs from Celtic, folk, blues, jazz,
dance, ethnic, classical, top name performers in their genres! All you
need is Real Audio (which you can download from their site I believe)
This is SUCH a great site, and should keep you going through 2002! Find
it at:
http://kennedy-center.org/programs/millennium/archive_index.html

4.Civil War news: This is a bit down the road, but we are sooo excited
about it, we want to announce it now! I think tickets will go fast so
here's the scoop:

RIVERBOAT EXCURSION    DINNER AND DANCE
Saturday     September 21, 2002

Experience a once in a lifetime opportunity. Enjoy a nostalgic cruise,
dinner and dance aboard a National Historic Landmark, the Belle of
Louisville, the oldest authentic steamboat in operation today! Boarding
begins at 7:30pm. Cruise from 8:00pm till 11:00pm EST. Musical
entertainment provided by Ten Penny Bit. Ticket prices are $22.00 each
which includes the cruise, dinner and dance plus unlimited soft drinks.
A cash bar will be available. Tickets are available by reservation only.
RESERVATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED NO LATER THAN AUGUST 24, 2002. Civil War
Era dress is required. (gentlemen-----leave your weapons at home) For
more information or reservations call (859)369-5455 or (812)738-1465
E-mail:   vermil-@hotmail.com

Everyone have a wonderful and safe Holiday season!!!

Robin and the gang

check out our schedule and new tune of the month at:
www.tenpennybit.com
free music downloads at:
http://www.mp3.com/tenpennybit