Welcome Guest!
 T.Q. Fans
Re: Collected Margarita Information  Colin Wells
 Apr 11, 2003 16:22 PDT
Mike - We will have distribution in NM starting next month.
You can always request it at WO or Whole Foods.

As for agave nectar, we get it from a local supplier named
Madhava Honey. We buy it in 55# containers.

On Wed, 9 Apr 2003 01:04:42 +0000 Mike Morales
<timbe-@yahoo.com> wrote:
 Get your Limited Edition 3RD ANNUAL NEW MEXICO
INTERNATIONAL TEQUILA EXPERIENCE(TM)shot glass! Visit
www.tequilaexperience.com for details!

      Colin...

      Yes...

      I have heard of your company. (If I'm not mistaken,
we may have
had some representatives from Freshies at last year's
Tequila
Experience(TM)).

      If it is available in New Mexico, I'll check my
local Wild Oats
store.

      Maybe I'll even make a margarita with a 100% agave
tequila that I
use for sipping!

      By the way...

      Where do you obtain your agave nectar?

      I may have someone interested in supplying this
product.

      Salud!

      Mike Morales
      Tequila Aficionado

Colin Wells wrote:
 Mike - At the risk of tooting my own horn, we happen to
manufacture an all-natural margarita mix under a label
called "Freshies." We use fresh-squeezed lime and
lemon
 juices, agave nectar and whole sugars as sweeteners.
We
 don't use artificial colors, preservatives, or flavors.
We
 are based in Denver, and we regularly work with the
likes
 of Herradura, Patron, Del Maguey, Grand Marnier, et.
al. to
 promote the virtues of fresh, well-balanced,
super-premium
 margaritas. It is not like any mix you have ever seen.
We
 also ship direct.

Our website is www.freshies.com. Please excuse its
rudimentary look and feel. We are updating it next
week in
 an effort to move into the 21st century. . .

Best regards,
Colin Wells
VP Sales

On Tue, 8 Apr 2003 00:47:29 +0000 Mike Morales
<timbe-@yahoo.com> wrote:
 Get your Limited Edition 3RD ANNUAL NEW MEXICO
INTERNATIONAL TEQUILA EXPERIENCE(TM)shot glass!
Visit

 www.tequilaexperience.com for details!

      Bravo George!

      Great research of the beginnings of the
margarita!

      Any Hollywood/ Los Angeles connections of the
30's

 and 40's always
interests me--I'm an LA native myself. It's
fascinating

 to read that
some of the great tequilas like Herradura and Chinaco
were introduced
into the US market by movie stars. I had no idea
that

 the margarita was
also attributed to such personalities as John Wayne,
Rita

 Hayworth, and
Lana Turner!

      Just returned from Cabo San Lucas where we
discovered another
recipe for killer magaritas. This one, however, is
very

 potent. (We'll
share this with you soon on a future tequila article
for

 Tequila
Aficionado.com!)

      I agree with you wholeheartedly that the Mexican
limes (Key limes)
are ideal for that traditional margarita taste.
These

 days, margarita
mixes simply upset my stomach.

      In fact, we've resorted to using limade,
instead.

 The drawback is
that it is too sweet and it takes more tequila to
even it

 out.

      That's not a bad thing if we're using good
tequila,

 but...

      I usually save those for sipping!

      Thanks again for some great work!

      Mike Morales
      Tequila Aficionado

      P.S.: No relation to "Pancho."

George Sinclair wrote:
 any reponse/ discussion would be appreciated!-)

George

Colin Wells
Freshies Food & Distributing Companies
4860 Broadway