Welcome Guest!
 CLF-Streettalk
Re: SFE\L: Traffic Congestion  Jym Dyer
 Jan 03, 2007 21:16 PST

 Please provide more detail concerning Sue Nixon's letter
and the article about " cutting global warming gases at
intersections through energy-saving bulbs points to a
further need for left-hand turn safety".

I am not understanding the relation of the 'bulbs' to
left-hand turn safety.

=v= There's actually nothing about bulbs in her letter:

http://www.examiner.com/a-474513~Letters__December_23__2006.html

=v= I'm afraid there's more on the specious use of global
warming front in San Francisco, though. In a mostly-white,
mostly-upscale neighborhood there's a squabble over moving
cars on street-cleaning day, and an environmental lawyer is
saying that having to move the cars causes global warming.
(Said lawyer, interestingly enough, approves such things as
industrial-sized pollution- and carbon-spewing engines in
neighborhoods that are poorer and blacker than his own.)
    <_Jym_>

P.S.: For the sake of completeness, here's the original article
that prompted the above letter (ridiculously-long URL and all):

http://www.examiner.com/a-448876~Eco_conscious_consumers_pay_to_ease_global_warming_guilt.html