Welcome Guest!
 CLF-Streettalk
Studies of Parking Unbundling?  Torma-@epamail.epa.gov
 Jan 29, 2007 06:56 PST

I am looking for any studies that have been done on the "unbundling" of
parking costs from rent costs in residential units.

I found this statement in an on-line report, but no references to back
it up.

"Charging separately for parking (“unbundling”) is the single most
effective strategy to encourage households to own fewer cars, and rely
more on walking, cycling and transit. A separate parking charge provides
a financial reward to households who decide to dispense with one of
their cars, and helps attract that niche market of households, who wish
to live in a neighborhood where it is possible to live well with only
one car, or even no car, per household."

Anyone with information about studies on the effects of such policies,
please send me the references.

Thanks.

Tim Torma
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
Office of Policy, Economics and Innovation (1807-T)
1200 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20460

email - torma-@epa.gov
ph - 202-566-2864
fax - 202-566-2868

FedEx/Courier delivery Address
EPA West Building (room 1416-F)
1301 Constitution Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20004

Save the date! The 6th annual New Partners for Smart Growth conference
will be Feb. 8-10, 2007, in Los Angeles. Find information about the
conference at:
www.newpartners.org