Welcome Guest!
 Tunguska
Re: Boiled and burnt  Andrei Ol'khovatov
 Feb 25, 2002 08:36 PST
Dear Brian,

I appreciate if you can find a reference to this intriguing info on the
"boiled".

Best wishes,
Andrei

                  If I may come in here for a moment:

                 My information was based on a report issued not long
after the first serious investigation in the phenomena.This report included
the discovery that the fallen trees had the moisture completely
boiled out of the side of the tree trunk facing the blast wave. The
opposite side of the same tree trunk was untouched and normal. This
suggested to me that the force of the blast not only felled the
trees...but the explosive component was of a very short interval.
Extremely intense and at least rich in ultraviolet waves. The large black
cloud could possibly be formed as a result of material on the ground.
I have the feeling that this   detonation was of a very "clean" and
brief phenomena.
I must also make it clear that at no time were the tree trunks referred
to as "burnt"... It is unlikely that the explosion lasted long enough to
burn any thing much at all.

regards Brian S