Welcome Guest!
 Tunguska
Tunguska event  davep
 Dec 31, 2001 10:02 PST
"GregoryThomas. Williams" wrote:

 Are some of you saying that the Tunguska Blast was caused by a
magnifying generator made by Tesla [some sort of electromagnetic
pulse generated remotely]

Some believe so. I don't.

 and that no debris from an exploding source [comet, meteor, space
craft] was ever found?

Essentially none. Possibly at the particle (dust) level.

 If so, could the Strategic Air Command's global "backscatter" radar
system be secretly capable of such or similar remote pulses?

If thats the OTH-B system, as, eg prototyped in Maine.
I suggest the answer is no. Others will differ. I had a
public tour of that facility some years back. Power levels
are well below (multiple orders of magnitude) those required
for Tunguska type event. (others will differ.)

 I live near one of these installations which were mothballed
immediately after their construction because of the "end of the cold
war".
If as the one i visited (which was to be one of many), they
never met their design goals. The technology could only
be tested full scale, over time. Once tested, the
improvement over existing systems was insufficient to justify
proceeding. The installations may have stayed (i gather they
did) for research purposes.

 I have heard of late that they are reactivating them or at least
upgrading their mothball status..

Possible, surely. Technology (and the perceived threats)
have changed.