Welcome Guest!
 Tunguska
freedom of thought  Harder, David A
 Jan 16, 2002 05:46 PST
Good morning Tunguska aficionados

Concerning freedom of thought.

Dick cannot give free rein to his intellect, and in the end maybe neither
can I. In the USA we tote the banner of freedom, but do we really have the
freedom we proclaim that we have, if we cannot take flight on the wings of
imagination. Some of the greatest human works have come from those
journeys.
When we were children we were conditioned to believe, that although
there were marvelous examples to the contrary like Tolstoy, the average
Russian was dead in their soul, because they had no freedom. They were told
what to think and how to think. Dick, do you remember the Rocky and
Bullwinkle show. Do you remember Boris Bad Enough and Natasha? Russians
were stereotyped as sinister and evil. I wonder what nonsense the Russian
children were taught about the Americans? The status quo has been
pathogenic to the human spirit in all domains of human experience. Do you
remember what Mark Twain had to say about mental conditioning?

"When even the brightest mind in our world has been trained up from
childhood in a superstition of any kind, it will never be possible for that
mind, in its maturity, to examine sincerely, dispassionately, and
conscientiously any evidence or any circumstance which shall seem to cast a
doubt upon the validity of that superstition. I doubt if I could do it
myself."

Perhaps I am getting dangerously close to the limit, but I tell you, what we
have been conditioned to believe plays a dynamic role in the Tunguska
investigation, as it does in many areas of human experience. Dick, it is a
shame that you are restrained in your communications. I feel that you have
a major contribution to make. Perhaps the spirit will take a shit on your
head, and you will know what you must do.
Andrei, I don't know yet how I will convince you, but I must find a
way. You must accompany me on the journey. You may say: I am not going to
trek into the Cauldron that way with some crazy Yankee Doodle; it is too
dangerous and would be a most unpleasant experience. If you are not in good
physical condition then you had better prepare. In the end the spirit may
light a fire under your ass.

All the best amigo

Daveh   1/16/02