Welcome Guest!
 Tunguska
shungite  Andrei Ol'khovatov
 Feb 26, 2002 08:09 PST
Dear Bob, and Dave,

As I am not a professional geologist, I never was aware of the shungite. I
even don't know how it translates into Russian - I can just guess, that as
it sounds. In the latter case, if I read about it in relation with Tunguska,
I think I would remember it.
But as I don't, apparently there are no appreciable shungite deposits in the
area (but if the mineral is a new-discovered one, it may be absent in
descriptions). But again, I can not say this with 100% confidence.

Best wishes,
Andrei