Welcome Guest!
 ultracycling
Re: Goodbye  UMC-@aol.com
 May 06, 2007 01:39 PDT
Joe and I have been good friends for many years.   Joe has chaired the JMC
for the past four years, a time of tremendous growth in the program.   Joe also
puts on the UltraMidwest series - two double centuries and the 24/12/6 hour
races.

Joe is a good man.   He's worked very hard on the JMC and on promoting
events.   He's given a tremendous amount to this sport.

It is absolutely outrageous that people would express such venom on the
listserv that Joe would decide to resign.

Staiger, your malicious posts are a clear example of why RAAM refuses to
allow you to officiate.   They demonstrate why one year in RAAM your crew dumped
all your gear out of the van, drove off and   left you.   You haven't done
squat for the UMCA - and your vicious remarks have driven a fine man out of the
UMCA.

Read through UltraCycling since 1998.   Do you find any articles by Staiger?
Do you find any programs she is helping as a volunteer . . . or even
participating in?

I am very saddened that Staiger has driven Joe out of the UMCA; however, I
support Joe's decision 100%.   I've written him to thank him for all he has done
and to let him know that I value our friendship above all.   And I am very
sorry that comments on the listserv have caused him to resign.

Cordially,
John

In a message dated 5/5/07 8:37:04 PM, j-jam-@sbcglobal.net writes:

This is a sad day for me. I am withdrawing from the election, resigning
all offices which I currently hold as well as my membership in the UMCA
which dates from 1986 effective this date.

There have been too many implications by too many people to use legal
action for ?what?  My God...it's a bike club...are you crazy?? I
personally don't know of anything that has transpired that would justify
that action, but I'm at the age where I couldn't recover from a
financial penalty if there was one and I can't trust you people to be
reasonable. I've 14 grandchildren who may need my support for college
and the risk isn't fair to them.

Don't bother to flame me or gloat that you finally drummed out one of
Hughes' cronies. I won't be reading it.  I'm unsubscribing and I will
NOT take calls, or e-mail from ANY UMCA member. I'm done!

Joe Jamison

cheers,
John Hughes
Managing Director