Welcome Guest!
 uscf-district20
Jennifer Testa Clayton Scholarship Fund  Dwayne Neal
 Aug 22, 2006 06:38 PDT

Please send donations for the Jennifer Testa Clayton Scholarship Fund to:

Robena Fowler
USAMRIID
1425 Porter Street
Fort Detrick, MD 21702

Jennifer's obituary from The Frederick News Post follows:

Mrs. Jennifer Clayton
As originally published on Tuesday, August 22, 2006.

Jennifer Michele (Testa) Clayton, age 38, of Uniontown, Maryland, died
suddenly on Thursday, August 17, 2006, as a result of a vehicular bicycle
accident. Mrs. Clayton was a seventh grade science teacher at Shiloh Middle
School in Hampstead at the time of her death.

The tragic loss of Jennifer's positive energy and love has devastated her
devoted husband of 13 years, Michael Allen Clayton, Quality Assurance Chief
for the U.S. Army Medical Research Institute of Infection Diseases at Fort
Detrick; her three children, Lexie (11), Patrick (8) and Jesse (3); her
parents, siblings and extended family; and countless close and dear friends
and colleagues.

Born on April 10, 1968, in Livingston, New Jersey, Jennifer was the daughter
of Marianne Gail (Sanford) Fords of DeLand, Florida, and daughter and
step-daughter of Fredrick and Nancy (Drumright) Testa of East Brunswick, New
Jersey.

Jennifer grew up in Millstone Township, N.J., and was a 1986 graduate of
Allentown High School, Allentown, N.J. She obtained her B.S. in biology from
McDaniel College (formerly Western Maryland College), Westminster, Md., and
her M.S. in bio-medical sciences from Hood College in Frederick, Md.
Motivated by her devoted parenting of her own children and wishing to
instill her love of science in other children, Jennifer left the field of
bio-medical research after 10 years at Fort Detrick in Frederick, Md.,
received her teaching certification and became a science teacher.

Jennifer was a member of Uniontown United Methodist Church, where she was
active in outreach to the community, especially through her coordination of
the volunteer pantry "Loaves and Fishes" at Westminster Church of the
Brethren. Jennifer was a passionate and gifted athlete until the time of her
death. As a field hockey goalie at Western Maryland College, she held many
records. She enjoyed bicycling, running and triathlons. She was also an
expert swimmer, swimming the width of the Chesapeake Bay, and was a swim
master in the YMCA swim program.

In addition to her parents, husband and children, Jennifer is survived by a
brother, Fredrick Testa Jr. of Newberg, Oregon; a sister, Margo Lee Testa of
East Brunswick, N.J.; paternal grandmother, Lena Testa of Hillside, N.J.,
(wife of the late Michael Angelo Testa); and maternal grandmother, Stephanie
Sanford DiGiovanni of Deltona, Florida, (wife of the late David Edwin
Sanford.)

A Memorial service will be held at 11:00 a.m. on Saturday, August 26, 2006
at Westminster United Methodist Church, 165 East Main Street, Westminster,
Md., with her pastor, the Reverend Charles Slaugh, officiating. The family
will receive friends immediately following the memorial service. A reception
on-site will follow in Jubilee Hall.

In lieu of flowers, the family requests donations be made to a scholarship
fund for the children. Please make donations to the Jennifer Testa Clayton
Scholarship Fund c/o Kathy Gould, 8 Haviland Drive, Englishtown, NJ 07726.

Arrangements are by the Myers-Durboraw Funeral Home, 91 Willis St.,
Westminster, Md.

Dwayne Neal
2206 Wetherburne Way
Frederick, MD 21702