Welcome Guest!
 US-ETC
Vote to keep trails open in the Shawnee!  Ken Carpenter
 Jun 07, 2003 05:52 PDT

Is everyone starting to understand why we is it so difficult to gain
additional horse trails around the country? This poll points out how vocal
the anti equine trail people are and how disorganized and unconnected horse
enthusiasts are.

My suggestion? Get active with some kind of trail advocacy group. Contact
your state horse council and plug in. Find out if there is any kind of
trail advocacy group in your state and get real active. That is all that
the anti horse trail people are doing. Ask yourself if you think that they
are effective or not.

Wisconsin has 3 parks in Northern WI where the horse trails are in danger.
There is a new State Park in the planning stages in the Madison area in
which a very small group is trying to get horse trails added to the Master
Plan. Are you up to speed on these issues? The info is available, but it
is difficult to reach all horsemen. I am available to speak to groups on
trail issues in WI. If I can't attend, I can network with others that are
very interested in speaking to your group on horse trail issues.

Ken Carpenter
pres: Glacial Drumlin Horse Trail Association
director: WI State Horse Council
http://groups.yahoo.com/gdhta
nail-@charter.net 608-576-4104

 Hi,
I hope you are aware that the poll numbers are now 71% DISAGREE, only 28%
AGREE.
Melanie Connolly