Welcome Guest!
 US-ETC
RE: Shawnee...have you voted yet????  GaTrail
 Jun 08, 2003 08:06 PDT

------=_NextPart_000_0012_01C32DAE.0627D8E0

We all appreciate your support..however, the reasons for these emails is
to get the lines of communication started..come up with ideas on how we
can organize. The bikers have done, the hikers have done, Sierra Club
has done it, Forest Watch has done it..Why can't equestrians get it
together. Yes, there will always be those who will take up the battle
and many who will let them do it. This is fine (as long as there are
those in the wings who are willing to take up the cause when the leaders
retire). Equestrians are out there..local clubs, small groups that only
get together to ride..they don't all have to be the leaders..but they do
need to be involved. Here in Georgia, the Horse Council Trails
Committee..is attempting to organize all the local clubs together..we
are drawing up a list..but there must be individuals within these clubs
and organizations who are willing to get involved and keep their
individual groups abreast on happenings.get them involved with trails on
the local level..we all can do our part and together raise a voice in
opposition to those who want to keep us off public lands. One
individual one organization one state can not do this alone..but
together we can make a difference..we must all determine how we can
support this endeavor, even if it is only financially or with becoming
active on the local level and with your States Horse Council. The word
is ACTIVE. Visit the IMBA website.and look under the history of IMBA.it
started with only 5 local bike groups coming together. and look where
they are today.

We all work, we all have a life (some of us more than others), but so do
the members of these other ORGANIZED groups..we have to quit finding
reasons why we can't do this and start coming up with ideas on how we
can.

Pass these post on to whomever you feel will have an interest or that we
might light a fire under.   There is no reason on this earth that
equestrians can't get organized...but the question is do we want it bad
enough!!!!

Sharon

From: Cindy <mailto:cjfa-@bellsouth.net> Farmer