Welcome Guest!
 US-ETC
FW: Shawnee...have you voted yet????  GaTrail
 Jun 08, 2003 17:02 PDT

------=_NextPart_000_0005_01C32DF8.F49B3EA0

Yes Linda.I remember our discussion regarding your attempts to secure
access to the WMA. I am so sorry to hear it ended this way.

Unfortunately, unless we ALL begin to realize that this is an issue that
needs to be addressed more and more of us will be destined to riding on
roads or in arenas. Yes, there are still places to ride if you have the
means and the time to travel to them. Gone are the days for many when
you could ride out your back gate for a quick ride..now you have to plan
in advance and a 3-4 hour ride can take a whole day with the prep and
travel time.

There ARE no easy solutions. However, becoming an involved, active,
organized, united, focused equestrian community with the sole purpose to
protect our access to public lands may be our only salvation. We must
come together if this issue is deemed important enough to the mass
majority of us, to secure the future of "Horses on Trails." Talk to
your neighbors, form a group, let us know at the Ga. Horse Council
Trails Committee a contact within your group..we are seeking to organize
state by state and then to hopefully become a national focused group.
It has to begin somewhere..why not in our on back yard. Why wait until
another area is closed to equestrians before we take action and finally
become organized. WE CAN DO THIS..we just have to decide that it is
important enough to give it the time and effort that will be required
form all of us to reach our goal...no one person can do it all but we
all can do something. If we don't feel that it's worth the effort then
riding in circles or on roads may be the only alternative for the trail
riders of the future.

Best wishes.

Sharon