Re: New Park Horse Trail?  Alan Farris
 Jun 02, 2003 16:15 PDT

Saw your post on this thread and wanted to be sure I'm still on the mailing
list for the SETC meetings. I was a presenter at the first SETC at Clemson
University - did the presentation on trails and legal liability issues. I
currently chair our law firm's equine law practice group section - with 7
attorneys in this group, we are the largest equine law group in the midwest
(excepting the various Kentucky firms which specialize in this area).

My contact information is:
Denise Farris, Esq.
Husch & Eppenberger L.L.C.
1200 Main Street, Suite 1700
Kansas City, MO 64105
Phone: 816-283-4635
Fax: 816-421-0596
Email: afar-@kc.rr.com(Home)
           denise.-@husch.com (Work)
Web Page: www.husch.com "Equine Law" practice group

----- Original Message -----
From: "GaTrail" <gatr-@bellsouth.net>
To: <use-@topica.com>
Cc: <cgrosk-@agecon.gua.edu>
Sent: Sunday, June 01, 2003 4:11 PM
Subject: RE: New Park Horse Trail?

I have also received the post regarding the new trail development. Your
post caught my attention. I am on the planning committee for the 2004
Southeastern Equestrian Trails Conference (SETC) being held in
Atlanta.... (2003 is being held in Florida in July).
There is a gentleman at the University of Georgia that is doing his
Thesis on the financial/economic impact of horses in regards to trail
Here is my thought....
What is the possibility of getting you and Chris Groskreutz together in
collaboration in the development of a presentation for SETC, or
possibility the development of a joint Thesis if the mood strikes the
two of you?
I have cc'd him this response. His office phone is 706-542-0843.
Hope we could work something out...I think this would be a good
presentation for SETC since this conference is attended not only by
equestrians but land managers as well.
If you are interested could you contact Chris and myself, and I will
present this proposed presentation at the next SETC planning meeting.
Sharon King gatr-@bellsouth.net CTHA BOD, Trails Coordinator, FS
SETC Planning Committee, Ga. Horse Council Trails Sub-Committee

P.S. We have also passed on the info regarding your Thesis to Dr. Gene
Wood at Clemson University (the founder of SETC) and someone who is very
interested in studies on the impact of horses on trails.