Welcome Guest!
 VT
Re: Error on CRI / NWR CD  namd-@yahoo.com
 Jun 15, 2011 09:22 PDT
The thing is that I always got used to that playing order.  Even the ensemble reserche disc had the two reversed (separated by "For Frank O'Hara"), even though the pieces were titled properly.

--- On Wed, 6/15/11, Chris Villars <chr-@cnvill.net> wrote:

From: Chris Villars <chr-@cnvill.net>
Subject: [VT] Error on CRI / NWR CD
To: vertical.-@topica.com
Date: Wednesday, June 15, 2011, 8:02 AM

Hi All,

With apologies to those on both lists, I thought that the following correction just noted on the online discography list might also be of interest to VTers, some of whom I guess may have noticed this before!

Correction:
My friend Peter Söderberg and I noticed recently that on the CRI CD of The Viola in My Life pieces (CRI CD 620), presumably due to a production error, Parts 1 and 2 are interchanged, so that the track labelled "The Viola in My Life 1" is in fact "The Viola in My Life 2" and vice versa. The same error occurs on the original CRI vinyl LP and on the recent New World Records reissue of the CD (NWR 80657). A note has been added to the online discography to indicate the error. The folk at New World Records say they will correct this if the CD is reprinted.

Regards -
Chris

Chris Villars
www.cnvill.net