Welcome Guest!
 VT
Re: Feldman, Josquin, Mozart  Bunita Marcus
 Oct 14, 2011 10:53 PDT

--Apple-Mail-11-1005207408

Thank you Bill. Beautifully put. Morty respected his pitches and gave them space. He hated anything that was "pushed.". His music goes in the opposite direction--towards "holding back." This is also true about his aesthetics.
Cheers,
Bunita

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 14, 2011, at 9:21 AM, Ian Fenton <sugamorisings-@gmail.com> wrote:

 Hello ladies and gentlemen,

This interview excerpt from 1966 occasionally occupies my thinking. I am very interested in your opinions and thoughts as to why Feldman selected Josquin and Mozart as his examples here. I have a very detached relationship to both composers, but each time I am conscious of hearing their music, the Feldman quote comes to mind.

L: What other composers do you admire or have an interest in?

MF: Josquin ... Mozart. I like that particular type of music that does not push.

http://www.cnvill.net/mfopus2.htm

Best regards,
Ian

--
"Silicon is a gas"

--Apple-Mail-11-1005207408

Hello ladies and gentlemen,</p><p>This interview excerpt from 1966 occasionally occupies my thinking. I am very interested in your opinions and thoughts as to why Feldman selected Josquin and Mozart as his examples here. I have a very detached relationship to both composers, but each time I am conscious of hearing their music, the Feldman quote comes to mind.</p>
</i></p>
--Apple-Mail-11-1005207408--