Welcome Guest!
 Guelph Viejoteca
Salsa in the Park Press Release  DJ GURY GURY
 May 28, 2005 20:01 PDT

--0-1669511207-1117334971=:5732

Salsa In The Park

June 4th, 2005

Hosted by the Flying Dance Company and CFRU 93.3 FM

After last September's inaugural hit, Salsa in the Park returns this Saturday, June 4th to Royal City Park. Whether you're a salsa dance addict, are hooked on Latin music or are just looking to soak up some summer sunshine, you'll enjoy this relaxing afternoon of dance performances, live flamenco music and lots of dancing. Salsa in the Park is an annual event that celebrates community and dance, and highlights Guelph's increasingly vibrant multicultural diversity.

The hot Latin sounds of Salsa, Merengue, Bachata and Cumbia will waft from the gazebo care of local CFRU 93.3 FM DJ Gury Gury. Shy to dance? Don't be! Join local dance talent Nico Kaburia for a free (?) lesson. "This event has something for everybody," Kaburia says with his engaging grin, "come on down!" The Latin dance scene in Guelph is healthy, growing and refreshingly accepting of beginners of all ages. Children are very welcome at Salsa in the Park. "Kids are great dancers," says Kaburia, "they aren't shy at all."

Nico Kaburia is the co-founder of the Flying Dance Company, the host of Salsa in the Park. The FDC also hosts the popular twice monthly Latin nights at the E-bar, recently voted the best Latin night in the tri-city area by Echo magazine. The growing popularity of Latin dance in the region was showcased by TVO's Studio 2 in March, 2005, which showed the annual "Hot Tropical" Guelph Contemporary Dance Festival fundraiser, for which FDC provided the music and dance lesson.

If Salsa in the Park sets your hips a-swinging and you'd like to spin like the pros, contact FDC at flying-@yahoo.ca or call us at (519) 767-2721 for information on upcoming classes.

This year, we had the honour of being supported by some local businesses, namely the Salsateria, Eden Salon, The Loop, Trina Photography, and Aqua Salon. We thank you for their support in helping this cultural family outing the success it will be.

Listen to Viejoteca every Tuesday night from 7pm-8pm on CFRU 93.3 FM in Guelph, Ontario, Canada or online at www.cfru.ca
Check out old playlist and stories at www.topica.com/lists/viejoteca/read.
Check out all the hot SALSA events in Guelph at www.salsapower.com/cities/canada/guelph.htm
We have just added a new discussion board at http://cfru.ca/boards/viewforum.php?f=9
http://mail.yahoo.com
--0-1669511207-1117334971=:5732

<DIV><B><U><FONT color=#ff0000 size=7>
<P>Salsa In The Park</P></U></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman" color=#0000ff size=6>
<P>June 4<SUP>th, 2005</P></FONT><I><FONT face="Times New Roman" color=#0000ff size=4>
<P>Hosted by the Flying Dance Company and CFRU 93.3 FM</P></B></I></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman">
<P>After last September's inaugural hit, <B><I>Salsa in the Park</B> </I>returns this <B>Saturday, June 4th</B> to <B>Royal City Park</B>.  Whether you're a salsa dance addict, are hooked on Latin music or are just looking to soak up some summer sunshine, you'll enjoy this relaxing afternoon of dance performances, live flamenco music and lots of dancing. <B><I>Salsa in the Park</B> </I>is an annual event that celebrates community and dance, and highlights Guelph's increasingly vibrant multicultural diversity.</P>
<P> </P>
<P>The hot Latin sounds of Salsa, Merengue, Bachata and Cumbia will waft from the gazebo care of local CFRU 93.3 FM DJ Gury Gury. Shy to dance? Don't be! Join local dance talent Nico Kaburia for a free (?) lesson. "This event has something for everybody," Kaburia says with his engaging grin, "come on down!" The Latin dance scene in Guelph is healthy, growing and refreshingly accepting of beginners of all ages.  Children are very welcome at <B><I>Salsa in the Park</B></I>.  "Kids are great dancers," says Kaburia, "they aren't shy at all."</P>
<P> </P>
<P>Nico Kaburia is the co-founder of the Flying Dance Company, the host of <I>Salsa in the Park</I>.  The FDC also hosts the popular twice monthly Latin nights at the E-bar, recently voted the best Latin night in the tri-city area by Echo magazine.  The growing popularity of Latin dance in the region was showcased by TVO's Studio 2 in March, 2005, which showed the annual "Hot Tropical" Guelph Contemporary Dance Festival fundraiser, for which FDC provided the music and dance lesson.</P>
<P> </P>
<P>If <B><I>Salsa in the Park</B> </I>sets your hips a-swinging and you'd like to spin like the pros, contact FDC at </FONT><U><FONT face="Times New Roman" color=#0000ff>flying-@yahoo.ca</U></FONT><FONT face="Times New Roman"> or call us at (519) 767-2721 for information on upcoming classes. </P>
--0-1669511207-1117334971=:5732--