Welcome Guest!
 waldorf-critics
Re: Philosophy of Freedom  Dan Dugan
 Dec 01, 2002 11:08 PST
Mike:
 But what if *I* choose to use The PoF as a guide to
creating my personal philosophical foundation.

I'd say you'd be foolish to do that.

 ...I don't understand why it *must* be rejected. It is emphasized as the most
important book for Waldorf teacher training foundation studies. Would you
have all Waldorf teachers reject this book as the philosophical foundation
and adopt a view as you see it?

I would urge them to reject it because it's wrong. Steiner's thesis
was universally rejected by other philosophers. That rejection may
have been a major cause of his turn inward to the adoration of a cult
of ignorant followers to get the adoration that he craved. The
parallel with Hitler's rejection as an artist and its effect on his
subsequent career is instructive.

-Dan Dugan