Healthy Happy Holidays ~ [Issue 1299-3]
Dec 22, 1999 12:30 PST
HEALTHY HAPPY HOLIDAYS
Whether you are concerned about controlling your weight or just not
looking forward to the extra stress that comes with the holiday
season, a little common sense can greatly add to both your pleasure
and your health. Holiday overeating, late nights, and less exercise
often result in lower energy levels, sleepless nights, and more
inches around the waistline. The following tips are sure to help you
stay healthy, full of energy, and in the same wardrobe:
1. Exercise! Walk or do some other kind of regular exercise. It does
not have to be complicated. Remember, just a few minutes at a time is
fine. Take a short 10 or 15 minute walk first thing in the morning,
at midday, and in the evening. It is amazing how great this can make you feel.
2. Drink water, plenty of water! Water is necessary to flush your
system. This is even more important during periods of stress and when
you are eating more. Water also helps you control your appetite. In
winter, particularly, it helps to keep your skin and other body
tissues hydrated. There is no such thing as "drinking too much water."
3. Take your supplements! Study after study has shown the body needs
increased nutrients, especially antioxidants, during times of stress.
Taking extra supplements during this period can really help.
4. Alcohol? Red wine contains a very healthy antioxidant substance
called OPC's (Oligomeric ProanthoCyanidins) - as many as 100
milligrams per glass! Because of the OPC's it contains, red wine is
more healthy than liquor-containing cocktails or even white wine. So
if you drink, choose red wine when you can at parties and mealtimes.
(For more information about OPC's and red wine, see Wellness Weekly,
5. Stay positive! For some people this may be more difficult than for
others, but maintaining a positive attitude has been proven to be
very beneficial for your health. Avoid making negative comments, as
they can become affirmations of your own destruction. The holidays
are a wonderful time of the year and approaching them with a positive
attitude can be extremely rewarding for you, your friends, and your family.
6. Fight those pounds! The best way to avoid outgrowing your wardrobe
is, of course, to eat reasonably and exercise regularly. If you
cannot, though, here are some very effective products that will help:
- A product called "StimuLean" helps keep your metabolic rate up,
which means more energy and burning more calories. Some people take
it just for the energy level alone! See
http://www.aomega.com/ahs/s1206a.htm for more information.
- For an additional "super boost," a product called "Real Energy" is
always a plus. You can carry the packets with you anywhere you go.
Just open a packet, stir in water, and drink. See
http://www.aomega.com/ahs/r1026a.htm for more information.
- Using "Phase'oLean Forte" starch blocker tablets at every meal will
help you fight the starch calories in those extra potatoes, dressing,
yams, and holiday yeast rolls. See
http://www.aomega.com/ahs/p1200a.htm for more information.
- Finally, consider taking extra "Sustenase" digestive enzyme tablets
routinely with large holiday meals. See
http://www.aomega.com/ahs/s0182a.htm for more information.