Welcome Guest!
 Wellness Weekly
MSM For Health; Fights Pain ~ [Issue 0400-1]  Wellness Weekly
 Apr 05, 2000 11:25 PDT

MSM AND YOUR HEALTH

In the last couple of years, MSM has become a very popular dietary
supplement useful for fighting allergies, inflammations, and the pain
associated with arthritis, bursitis, tendonitis, fibromyalgia, lupus,
and more.

MSM or methyl-sulfonyl-methane is a naturally-occurring sulfur
compound, believed to help regulate the normal healthy function of
controlling pain impulses perceived by the brain. Sulfur is the
fourth most abundant mineral in the human body after calcium,
phosphorus and magnesium. It is essential for the body's growth and
repair mechanisms.

The sulfur in MSM plays a role in the formation of keratin, a vital
protein for skin, hair and nail growth. It is also involved in the
health structure of collagen, keeping it flexible. It helps, too, in
producing immunoglobulins, important antibodies for normal immune function.

MSM is most abundant in raw, non-pasteurized milk and can be found in
lesser amounts in garlic, grains, raw meat, eggs and fish. It is also
found in fresh, raw vegetables such as broccoli, peppers, Brussels
sprouts, onions, asparagus and cabbage. Getting enough MSM is
difficult, however, because it is water-soluble and evaporates
easily. The nutrient is lost once food is cooked, steamed, smoked or
processed in any way. Fortunately, most experts agree that MSM in
supplement form is very safe.

==============================

FURTHER READING

MSM possesses many other healthful properties that make it a truly
unique and powerful nutritional supplement. To learn more about MSM
and the product we offer called "MSM Plus," please visit the
following web page: http://www.aomega.com/ahs/m1020a.htm - there
you will find links to even more details, the other products we offer
on our web site, and ordering information / instructions.

Also reference Wellness Weekly, Issue 0799-2, entitled: "The Miracle
of MSM." See the Wellness Weekly archive at
http://www.topica.com/lists/wellness_weekly/read

FREE BOOK OFFER

For a limited time only and while supplies last, Wellness Weekly
subscribers can receive a FREE copy of the 250 page hardback book
entitled "The Miracle of MSM - The Natural Solution for Pain," by
Drs. Stanley Jacob and Ronald Lawrence. This is a $20 value! You must
purchase at least $75 or more of "MSM Plus" (or MSM Plus in
combination with any of the other products we offer). See the above
referenced web page for details.