Welcome Guest!
 Wellness Weekly
 Previous Message All Messages Next Message 
Wintertime Fires ~ [Issue 1204-3]  Wellness Weekly
 Dec 22, 2004 09:39 PST 


With temperatures dropping, burns from home fires are on the rise,
especially from improperly placed space heaters, Loyola University
specialists caution. Heaters should be used only where they cannot be
tipped over or come in contact with flammable material, such as
curtains or bedding, says Dr. Richard Gamelli, chief of the Burn
Center in Chicago. Adults should monitor children playing around
space heaters, electric blankets and wood fires, he advises. Lights,
extension cords, and electrical products should be tested before use
and repaired or replaced, as needed. Gamelli urges caution in using
all Christmas candles, flammable decorations, heaters, holiday
lights, and electrical appliances.
 Previous Message All Messages Next Message 
  Check It Out!

  Topica Channels
 Best of Topica
 Art & Design
 Books, Movies & TV
 Food & Drink
 Health & Fitness
 News & Information
 Personal Finance
 Personal Technology
 Small Business
 Travel & Leisure
 Women & Family

  Start Your Own List!
Email lists are great for debating issues or publishing your views.
Start a List Today!

© 2001 Topica Inc. TFMB
Concerned about privacy? Topica is TrustE certified.
See our Privacy Policy.